Few dynamics are harder to manage on the family farm than an entitled sibling! While it’s not easily discussed openly in a constructive manner among farm families, Elaine Froese, farm family coach of 30+ years, certainly hears about it more and more about the conflicts caused by entitled siblings. The reasons include:
- Increasing value of farm land is rising rapidly
- Misinterpreting land value as cash in the bank
- Conflicting personalities among siblings create intense battles about the farm’s future
- Finding alignment in farm priorities remains elusive between first, second, and third generations of farmers
- Growing fear of divorce on the family farm
- Exposing inequity of siblings who do not contribute to the success of the farm
- Recognizing mental health challenges on the family farm are real and add to entitlement
Never one to shy away from the tough issues on the family farm, Elaine wades up to her farm boots in her latest Arlan Academy Virtual Kitchen Table “Dealing with Entitled Siblings” to address some of the toughest sibling scenarios.
After participating in “Dealing with Entitled Siblings”, you will be empowered to begin the courageous conversation with entitled siblings in the following ways:
- Create mindset shifts that level the farm field, helping everyone to be successful and contribute
- Learn how to respectfully, yet assertively, attack the issue and not the people (siblings)
- Destroy harmful and hurtful assumptions, and develop a path forward to create more trust, empathy, and understanding
- Develop a buyout business plan that works
- Re-write money scripts, shifting unsupported entitlement to a willingness to negotiate
- And so much more!
Watch the replay from the March 31st Virtual Kitchen Table!
Replay available for $69.95 USD.