Farm Family Coach Insights
Seeds of encouragement for success in farm transition
This book gathers wisdom to help your farm family with relationships, communication, team operations, transition, succession planning, and building healthy habits. Elaine’s collection of short essays is full of practical tools based on her life as a farm partner, certified coach, and seasoned listener. With encouragement, and sometimes tough love, this book will help you find harmony through understanding.
Here’s the Table of Contents for Farm Family Coach Insights:
- How to help farming fathers be really happy
- Marrying into the farm
- Managing brotherly conflict
- Conflict resolution between farming siblings (especially brothers)
- 6 Important roles for farm women and how to rejuvenate them
- Farm moms…the important lessons she has taught you
- 10 things farm moms really want
- Ways to increase the cherish factor with the ones you love
- 2 x 2 couples retreat: 10 reasons to do it
- Managing your marriage in the muck
- How to build a strong relationship, marriage fitness for farm couples
- Creating a firewall against divorce on the farm
- How to ‘be there’ amidst grief and loss on the farm
- What really matters after 40 years
- The importance of being present for grandchildren
- When silent nights do not bring peace to the farm
- How to achieve clear and concise communication on the farm
- 9 steps to getting more harmony on the farm
- How to have better communication with your farm lawyer
- How to say ‘sorry’ at harvest
- How to have better communication with farm employees
- Who needs to have a voice at farm meetings ?
- How to get tough and tender conversations started
- Getting smart with your smart phone
- Having the safety talk on your farm
Teams and Operations:
- How profanity is hurting your employees and your farm
- The farm workaholic: 7 reality checks and a subscription to making change
- Managing a happier harvest
- Are you a farm wife, feminist or both?
- Plugging the combine is a great metaphor for resistance
- Hire the right people tips from Donald Cooper
- How to handle abusive behaviours on your farm
- 6 tips for emotional agility during the harvest season
- 8 essential steps for firing a farm child off the farm
- Farm widow savvy : preparing for the unfortunate
- Planning your legacy life binder and the ultimate fruitcake
- Farm women: saying goodbye to money issues by identifying your money scripts
- Taking control of your financial destiny: why?
- Get unstuck: the power of a heartfelt letter
- How to be prepared for planning your farm legacy
- What steps are you taking to protect your farm legacy?
- Top tips for producing in times of economic reset from Dr. Kohl
- How to write a will joyfully
- Preparing your funeral: why it’s important for you and your loves ones
- Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in 3 Generations: the financial future of your farm
- Letting go of the proverbial carrot: 8 ways to move towards your succession plan
- How to tell non-farming children they aren’t getting a raw deal
- How to know when it is time to change advisors
- Grooming your next generation of farmers
- The farmland dilemma: the siblings who don’t farm are getting farmland !
- Grandpa, do you want to finish well ?
- Which shade of control is blocking your farm transition?
- Finding the power to take action
- 8 Positive succession seeds to plant
- How to help dad emotionally when it is time to quit farming
- Why founding fathers are hanging on and how to help them let go.
- Love does not read minds: finding fairness in farm transition
- The father factor in farming
- Challenging the unwritten farm rules
- Giving gifts of farm assets with warm hands
- Spoiled farm children and farm succession: how to stop the temper tantrums
- Transitioning with harmony—how to stop parents fighting.
- Dealing with depression…lessons from the quiet chair
- Many methods of merriment and memories this summer
- Making your own contentment on the farm
- How to develop stress resiliency on the farm
- If I’d only known the beauty of the ordinary
- Being thankful-even when it is hard
- Be grateful
- Happy Christmas in the country
- The power of a grateful heart
- Relaxation …why it is important to you and your farm
- 11 ways to be self-renewing on the farm this year
- Embrace love and let go of loneliness