Experienced Media Guest and Article Writer
A few decades ago Elaine hosted the Prairie Lifestyles TV show on CKX in Brandon so she is confident and powerful in front of a camera. She also shared the studio on AgVision TV.
After 25 years as columnist with Grainews she’s sought after for story leads, insights, and relevant agricultural context for print, podcast, video, and more.
She has a great backdrop on her seed farm in Southwestern Manitoba as she lives the pulse of agriculture everyday.
Looking for an easy, dynamic interview? To schedule an interview with Elaine Froese, contact her and, together, build your story.
Our brand new team of multi-faceted coaching experts are quickly mapping out the North American farm family dynamic and we are ready to take the bull by the horns to figure out how to kickstart each unique farm family’s discovery process.
Elaine on YouTube
Elaine has built a vibrant and dynamic YouTube channel filled with resources for the media as well as farm families.
Her most popular videos are “Finding Fairness in Farm Transition” and “What the Next Generation Needs for Succession Success” that have more than 1.5K views.
Articles & Publications
Elaine is a sought out farm family transition expert by many journalists seeking the current issues and challenges in the heart of agriculture.
She has also been featured in various national magazines and blogs. She writes 19 times per year for Grainews.
Here are some sample publications where Elaine has been featured:
- Farmers leaving ‘money on the table’ without a transition plan (November 2023)
- Milk Producer Magazine (March 2021)
- Move out, move on (Oct 4, 2021)
- Better Farming (July August 2020)
- How about a Life Coach? (June 26, 2020)
- Dealing With Dynamics by Farm Family Succession (June 12, 2019)
- Finances Before Transition? by Farm Family Succession (June 12, 2019)
- Froese Honoured by 4-H for Community Contributions by Chelsea Kemp, The Brandon Sun (January 24, 2019)
- A Head to Clearer Thinking by Lorraine Stevenson, Manitoba Co-Operator (January 22, 2019)
- Elaine Froese Selected as the First Recipient of the 4-H Canada Distinguished Alumni Award by 4-H Canada (January 8, 2019)
- Rebalancing the Workload by Helen Lammers-Helps, Country Guide (May 2018)
- Tips for Young Farmers: Getting Started on Farm Transition Planning by Carolyn King, Farm Family Succession (June 14, 2017)
Questions to ask Elaine
What is the key thing that is keeping farm families stuck?
Their fear of conflict and having courageous conversations. They need a safe place to open up and deal with issues. One of the key issues is finding fairness with non-farm heirs.
Who wants the farm?
Letting go is really hard for the founders of the farm. On the flip side, young farmers are keen to step up, take on more responsibilities, and be the next generation. But they struggle with getting their parents to the table to talk about transition planning. There needs to be a process to create clarity of expectations, certainty of agreements and timelines, and a commitment to action.
How can you help?
I provide a safe place for families to talk about tough issues. Talking is the real work of succession planning, and it makes farms more profitable when they do it on a regular basis with great meetings. I also bring in other team advisors to deal with finances and tax issues. My key strength is helping farm families find harmony through understandingTM.
What is unique about farm families?
Farm families are now only 2% of the population and they’re some of the most resilient people you will meet. They find it difficult to ask for help because they are independent entrepreneurs. They are well-educated and quickly embrace technology. They are asset rich and sometimes cash flow poor. They have invested a lot of time, money, and energy in building their businesses. They all want to have a happy family and a farm legacy that continues for generations.
To schedule an interview with Elaine Froese, contact her and, together, build your story: