What is Farm Family Coaching?
Improving your Family's Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills
In a nutshell here's the process for farm family coaching:
- Face to face Coaching: Call Elaine toll free at 1-866-848-8311 or skype me at elaine.froese for a complimentary coaching conversation.
- Fill out the personal profiles she will send to clarify your main desire for coaching and the key issues that need to be resolved.
- Expect confidential interviews with each family couple or individual who is impacted by the succession coaching process. This includes non-farm children or non-business immediate family members. Each couple needs at least 2 hours with Elaine privately.
- Set a date for a 3 hour facilitated family business meeting once the initial pre-coaching is done. Know what you need to talk about, and what you have to offer for solutions to make plans for change in labour, ownership, management, lifestyle, roles, etc.
- Read Elaine's articles and book to stimulate ideas that will work for you, to identify the Undiscussabulls™ the things we need to talk about in a safe place.
- Buy a whiteboard to keep ideas in the open, and create meeting agendas.
- Find a binder to compile all your planning papers in one place.
- Be ready to invest time, energy and money for the next 12 months, as your coaching investment retains Elaine as your coach for one year. She is your accountability partner to make sure that you have feedback, timelines that are acted upon, the processes and strategies have been implemented.
Rent Elaine’s Brain: Tele-coaching
Counselling is about recovery, coaching is about discovery."
Elaine can coach you by telephone in 1-2 hour sessions, once a month, or whatever timeline works for you. It helps if you have email contact for sharing the many resources and tools.
If your non-farming children live far away, Elaine can use the phone coaching technique to include them in the coaching process.